Hello Dear Ones!
RECOVERY!!! OMG! This is one of the hotter topic inside the walls of Still Point!
There are 2 main things that will either slooooooow the process of breakdown (or build up), or prevent it form happening in the 1st place (yay!).
1. Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements:
– these are companies that have voluntarily adhered to the same strict standards as companies that make pharmaceutical drugs.
– Ie: every ingredient has to be listed on the bottle, what’s in the tablet has to match what’s listed on the bottle, formulations & batches must be consistent, the product must be free from contaminants, the product has to break down w/in the body in 30min or less (USANA’s breakdown w/in 20min).
– USANA is the company I’ve used for AGES & ADORE. If you wish to know more pls be in touch, or check things out yourself at www.michaela.usana.com
2. Foam Rolling:
– the nature of muscles is to contract & relax. However if we use our bodies & don’t make an effort to undo some of the tension that accumulates from use (massage, stretching, or FOAM ROLLING) we will end of feeling progressively tighter resulting in stiffness, heaviness, pain, & potentially injury. 🙁
– Foam rolling indiscriminately challenges the tissue w/ using your own body weight for pressure against a cylinder of compressed foam.
So check out this video if you wish to have a quick rundown of where to roll & in what order, accompanied by a little ditty by Ludacris ;).
|Foam Rolling & Recovery|
To drving home the same points to hopefully make them stick ;).
xo, M, A, A, & C