OK! & OMG! Do you wrestle w/ sleepless nights, or difficulty falling back asleep once the spell has been broken?
If so, you are eerily & scarily NOT alone :O.
It’s actually quite alarming how many wrestle w/ getting enough shut eye, which affects a MILLION things including hormones that influence hunger, blood sugar, blood pressure, insulin levels, our metabolism, our LIFESPAN as well as cutting WAY down on the body’s ability to repair itself :(.
So, I wanted to share one useful technique that I’ve used for years & starting employing during a period of intense anxiety ages ago. I’ve found this to work when I’m totally out of my skull about something, or just not falling asleep as quickly as desired.
& in the video I share the encouragement to give yourself this suggestion until you fall asleep, b/c the only way it doesn’t work is if you stop reinforcing what you wish to have happen.
To using your brain for YOUR good, vs allowing it to have it’s way w/ you.
OK! So MANY of you deal w/ shoulder discomfort stemming from a weakened Rotator Cuff due to either significant injury, overuse, or NEGLECT!! :O
Let’s change that! And let’s do it quickly & easily.
I too need to do upkeep w/ that series of muscles due to a shoulder dislocation a couple years ago.
The thing that’s both a pain & a privilege is that discomfort & dysfunction will creep up slowly & alert you to the need to tend to this joint. So a touch of regular upkeep can not only keep you SOLIDLY in the game – but also aware of what needs to happen & when.
So cozy up to a door jamb if you’re in need, OR to create a super strong & stable joint that will more than likely prevent an injury in the future.
To making your body, & it’s maintenance, work for you.
RECOVERY!!! OMG! This is one of the hotter topic inside the walls of Still Point!
There are 2 main things that will either slooooooow the process of breakdown (or build up), or prevent it form happening in the 1st place (yay!).
1. Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements:
– these are companies that have voluntarily adhered to the same strict standards as companies that make pharmaceutical drugs.
– Ie: every ingredient has to be listed on the bottle, what’s in the tablet has to match what’s listed on the bottle, formulations & batches must be consistent, the product must be free from contaminants, the product has to break down w/in the body in 30min or less (USANA’s breakdown w/in 20min).
– USANA is the company I’ve used for AGES & ADORE. If you wish to know more pls be in touch, or check things out yourself at www.michaela.usana.com
2. Foam Rolling:
– the nature of muscles is to contract & relax. However if we use our bodies & don’t make an effort to undo some of the tension that accumulates from use (massage, stretching, or FOAM ROLLING) we will end of feeling progressively tighter resulting in stiffness, heaviness, pain, & potentially injury.
– Foam rolling indiscriminately challenges the tissue w/ using your own body weight for pressure against a cylinder of compressed foam.
So check out this video if you wish to have a quick rundown of where to roll & in what order, accompanied by a little ditty by Ludacris ;).
OK! What’s ONE area of the body that tends to get compromised RIDICULOUSLY easily?
Our SHOULDERS!!! Yay! That’s right!
That joint has a million needed uses, & a high level of flexibility as well as vulnerability. BUT if you pack them while using them (which is essentially ALL the time), you reduce the potential level of harm to next to nil.
So if shoulder concern has/does trouble you – check out this quick clip & aid yourself in staying in the clear from now until forever more ;).
BUT if overall detoxification is something that you desire to achieve – please know that THAT process happens on a daily basis, & is best served w/ a clean diet, exercise/sweating, & supplementation (USANA’s Essemtials & Hepasil DTX are products I swear by).
Reach out w/ questions or any desire for greater understanding.
To giving you more tools to use while off the table.
So, if you’ve had accidental or organized (medical procedure) trauma to your body, & have wished to either NOT deal w/ swelling & bruising – OR to speed healing around those issues – this video might be for you.
I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my forehead last Fri 5/27, & made a point to treat myself to some self drainage in the OR in order to prevent/mitigate visible signs of trauma from the surgery.
Things are looking good, & I have faith that taking a little time w/ this method helped.
I went into this surgery super supported (physically strong, well rested, antioxidant/nutrient levels in blood high due to supplementation, inflammation in body low due to a fat burning diet & supplementation, & feeling hopeful/excited about procedure vs fearful) – which MATTERS.
We’re not a segmented system, so multiple elements of full bodied/being support is essential, lymphatic drainage being one of them in this situation.
So give it a look see, & evaluate if this might be a useful & simple addition to your daily routine.